July 10, 2023- Monday


Hi. Welcome to Bernadette's first blog.


What was the most interesting?

The most interesting of Seminar 1 was the orientation and the introductions. When we all first met one another. We each introduced ourselves to one another.


What topics do you want to know more about?

I would like to know more about the state of New Mexico's top five exports and imports. I would like to know more about the political process from the state level to the national level. I would like to know more about the agricultural industries in New Mexico (NM). For example, the cheese factories or shrimp farms (if NM has any).


How will you apply this experience/knowledge to your professional and/or personal life?

I will apply and share this experience/knowledge in my job, and in general to family and friends. The agricultural field is so vast that you cannot know everything. The New Mexico Agricultural Leadership (NMAL) program has six areas of focus and through Seminar 1 we have already addressed bits and pieces of the six areas:

  1. Leadership Skills
  2. Issues Awareness
  3. Diversity
  4. Political Processes
  5. Networking
  6. Community & Service.



What did you bring back to share with others? 

I shared the Joy Junction experience with my family. The advocacy training was just as eye-opener as the Joy Junction experience. It set a different perspective and reflection about myself and others. I also shared all the gifts, Carhartt bag, magnetic name tag, NMAL pen, portfolio, books, and food, with my supervisor when I returned from Seminar One. Thank you, NMAL!



Optional- post any pictures that you took during the seminar.

Due to the internal Class 16 rule and penalties about using your phone during the seminar, I did not take any pictures. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog